Monday, June 21, 2010

What's new with Abstract Fiber?

The Abstract Fiber booth at TNNA was rockin! And many designers and shops have already posted about Susan's yarns and fibers. I have a ridiculous amount of cash and carry right now, since it made more sense for me to put the yarn samples from the show in my car, than it did for Susan to ship them back to Oregon. So, if you own a LYS in my area, and want some of this for your customers, let me know soon!

Top picture is Soprano. 4.5 oz, 284 yds, DK 50% Merino, 50% silk. Shown here in Sweet Pea, Glenn Jackson Bridge, and Mousse.

Middle picture is Temptation Sock. Shown here in Burnside Bridge (L) and Mt Hood Rose.
3.5 oz, 440 yards. For socks, use a US 1 or 2 needle. 80% Superwash Merino, 10% Nylon, 10% Cashmere. YUM! I am doing a Concentric Shawl with Valentine (way bright mostly pink) and Mousse (tonal browns.)

The last picture shows Alto, in Opal and Marionberry. It is 100% Superwash Blue Faced Leicester, 4.5 oz, 392 yds, so a sport weight.
Susan also introduced 2 new spinnable fibers, but they are out in the car in my Abstract Fiber sample case. More on those later.

No comments:

Post a Comment